Friday, November 7, 2008

A Room With a View

The view from my glass-walled office room is especially beautiful today.The sun is finally out after many grey, somber days. The play of light among the lush trees with thick dancing branches and their splendid autumn colours of faded green, yellow, red, gold and rust against the soft blue cloudless sky is so refreshing.

The ground is already carpeted by a thick layers of dry fallen leaves. Two cats are happily playing on them.

I love autumn and am grateful that this year's autumn colours seem to be lingering on for quite a while.

Tonight I am off to a restaurant in the country for my annual raindeer meat dinner. It's deer season now (only for a short and strictly-controlled period) and I love the special dish, traditionally served with a generous helping of sweet, cooked chestnut (buah berangan).

Rossana and Keith just called from the airport, having arrived from Chicago, WITHOUT THEIR LUGGAGE which were checked in from LA! So what else is new. During my recent transit in Schiphol, I only boarded the plane after I received confirmation that my two luggages were safely in the aircraft.

Off to the Friday prayers now. Let's see, should I go to the Albanian mosque with the rather screaming imam ( sermonizing in Arabic, Albanian ang German ), or the Saudi mosque with the lengthy sermon that I don't understand a word of either....

No comments: