Friday, November 7, 2008

Marion's Fantasy

One Saturday in summer, I wanted to go into town by bus or the tram. I was all dressed and ready to go out when I realised I did not have any coins for the ticket, and the ticket machine simply would not take any notes. I certainly did not want to drive the car as in the city parking was a nightmare and I had been fined twice to want to risk it again.

So to occupy my Saturday afternoon I grabbed my painting kit and here's the result. I called it ' Marion's Fantasy' because next day I received a call from Marion who was in town and asked if I'd like to meet up for coffee. I told her to come to the house instead as I knew she would love the left-over mee hoon goreng I still had from breakfast! Well, she even went home with some...

I didn't show her the painting till weeks later as I did not name it immediately. Well, no need to guess. She was thrilled.

This other painting is something I had done earlier upon getting my new painting kit which I happened to come across while browsing in one of those fashionable cafe with shopping facilities.
Perhaps I should tone down my colours, no?


Please have a look in http://ancoraobraz.net/
for the rest of my collection.

No comments: