Tuesday, November 17, 2009

The unloved....

At my breakfast table this morning with my two guests, our conversation somehow meandered towards the subject of 'love'! And I flippantly quoted something I heard in some melodramatic Malay film that "the most difficult person to love is the person you love most!". Well, that had a sudden impact on one of my guests; did I hit a nail? Maaf la!

But worst than that must surely be to be trapped in love, to love someone and not be loved in return. Or to be in a loveless marriage. What can be more painful than to be in a marriage, to have children together, needy of your love, and yet not to love each other - or one is not in love with the other! I believe there are couples who go through this, worst still if the husband is the philandering sort and the wife just cannot get out of the marriage for the sake of the children or for fear of the stigma of being divorced etc. How sad and painful that must be!

A man is lucky if he is the first love of a woman,
A woman is lucky if she is the last love of a man…

Another quotation on love I like very much is:
"Give your heart to another person and he/she will break it.
Give your broken heart to God and He will heal it!"

Alhamdullilah, always grateful for all the love (whatever) surrounding me!

PS: To all men, I would say how mistaken they are when they think they stop falling in love when they grow old, without realising that they grow old when they stop falling in love...
Gabriel Garcia Marquez

5 comments:

shidah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
shidah said...

Dearest Roem,

Love all the Quotations!!


Idah

shidah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
airmataemas said...

Thanks Idah!Please let me know when you are back in Holland.

Unknown said...

BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO !!!