Sunday, November 8, 2009

Autumn Sunday morning - of Prokofiev & Beethoven

I woke up very early yesterday fully-sated by only just over six hours of sleep (must be the age). My two boys were still fast asleep so I would not be getting my breakfast for sometime yet. The autumn sun was just peeking out and I decided to go for a walk by the river behind my house. I took my camera along and was happily shooting dozens of pictures in that amazing light and colours until the sun suddenly disappeared behind the clouds. My hands were freezing from the cold morning air but I got some beautiful pictures nevertheless.

Sunday morning now and it's wet and the sun is playing hide and seek. I went for a short walk after breakfast and took a few more pictures (must get another camera!) and returned home as it was just too cold and I was rather under dressed.

A friend is taking the boys out to a matinee of the Prokofiev's ballet 'Romeo and Juliet'. I thought for a second if I should join them. But I have seen the very same ballet at the London Convent Garden many years ago with Rudolf Nureyev no less in it, and I did not want to spoil my memory by what would certainly be an amateurish local production -I sat through 90 minutes of a wishy-washy performance of Beethoven's Missa Solemnis on Thursday in the same concert hall, and that was enough for now!

2 comments:

Leslie Peterson said...

These pictures are so lovely - where is this? The land is just gorgeous. Thank you so much for sharing these. :)

airmataemas said...

Thank you for your comment, glad you like the photos. These are scenes around my house and at a river near where I live in Muri,Switzerland.