Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Tiresome snow

I came back from my holiday in Lebanon on 13 Dec to a country covered with three days of snowfall. A few days later there was another huge snowfall, apparently one of the heaviest in many years. The snow lingered on past Christmas and after some sunny days when the temperature went up and just as I thought I was going to get my garden back to its wintry green, another huge snowfall came on new year's eve. It's now white all over again, and it's getting rather tiresome frankly!
My friend Heinz just called reminding me of his invitation to Adelboden this Sunday for what is probably the biggest event for downhill ski competition in Europe. He had assured me of a heated VIP tent! I promised to give him my final answer tonight.

Do I want to go? All that drive up winding narrow Alpine roads and then a cable car ride to some 3000 metres in this unfriendly weather and probably freezing myself silly in that extremely cold (and may even be windy) weather, heated VIP tent notwithstanding! (If of any consolation, my dear friend Heather from Regina, Saskatchewan in Canada, rang two night ago to wish me happy new year and said it was minus 46 degrees Celsius where she was!).

Sorry Heinz, I think I'll stay home. I am sure someone else will greatly appreciate the CH600( RM1800) ticket to the VIP tent....

2 comments:

NanaDJ said...

Roem, And here we are missing the snow! Your house and garden look lovely all covered with snow. Hope the weather will not be too cold, Gina will be in Geneva again for the watch exhibition from the 18th of this month.
Salam.

Anonymous said...

hej! roem...beautiful snowy pic of your home...;-)