Monday, January 26, 2009

Home from Egypt & Gong Xi Fatt Choy

I came home from my 8 days holiday in Egypt last night. It was a wonderful holiday and I will write about it in my next posts. Meanwhile here are some early photos from the holiday.









Today is the Chinese Lunar New Year, the Year of the Ox. To all my Chinese friends and colleagues (especially my dear friends Jian & Wing, Harriet & Tai Long, Yong Ai, Mein Nien, Hoong Po, Willie, Debbie, Siew Lay & Steve, Susan & Shum, G-Mun, Gene, Wen, May Yong & Lai, Koon San & Fooi Lin, and Seng Sung and all others) I wish you all a happy and prosperous new year ahead and all the good things you wish for.

Today is also my birthday! No need to guess how old I am.... old and wise enough I am sure! I am having a quiet a very restful day at home after the 8 busy, exciting days in Egypt but tomorrow I will have a luncheon party for 25 people, my staff and friends here.

The greetings and good wishes have been pouring in by sms, emails and phone calls. I feel very touched and overwhelmed by all the kind thoughts and expression of love and friendship. Yam in Washington even did a special video for me, thank you darling! My brothers and my cousin Wan had done and will do more special prayers for me at mosques in Johor Bahru and Kuala Lumpur for the occasion, bless them.
What can I say, I really feel BLESSED. I am so very grateful to have all the good things in life and the added bonus of family and friends. Thank you all and may God bless you too always.

Alhamdullilah, Alhamdullilah, Alhamdullilah.


No comments: