Tuesday, March 10, 2009

A Long Weekend in Torraviaja, Cartegena and Alicante

The current winter season here seems to be never ending. Snowy, rainy, cold and grey days. I took the opportunity of the recent long weekend, Monday 9 March being a public holiday for the birthday of Prophet Muhammad SAW to make a trip to Alicante in Spain. I spent the first day in Torreviaja and Cartagena and the next two in Alicante. Needless to say it was sunny everyday with the clearest blue sky imaginable. From my hotel window I saw people actually swimming in the sea which I imagined must still be cold. I had a pleasant time and ate a lot of paella and drank lots of fizzy mineral water! A colleague joined me from Madrid on Sunday and we did some sight seeings and spent hours talking and eating and on Monday morning some shopping!
Back to bleak cold weather here!















1 comment:

NanaDJ said...

Wow Roem, wish I am there!Enjoy!