Sunday, March 29, 2009

Alone again- a wet, grey and cold Saturday

My brothers and their spouses left for home early this morning after a 2-week stay. We really had a good time together and I don't remember us talking so much just about everything and sometimes laughing our heads off as during this period! Meal times were a feast of sort as my two boys went their way out to please them with an array of food. So now it's time for me to go on diet (from Monday though as Torsten and Mandy are coming for lunch tomorrow).

They were also lucky as their visit coincided with the annual International Motor Show in Geneva, the Badminton Swiss Open (at which Malaysia won both the men's double and men's single, hurray) and finally Baselworld, the biggest annual watch and jewellery fair, all of which they went to. Then there was the 6-day trip to Morocco and day trips to Vaduz in Leichtenstein, Feldkirch in Austria and Evian in France.

On Thursday night we had a short tahlil (prayer for the deceased) and my brother Long's final recitation in our own language brought tears to my eyes. I am just sorry our other brother Ngah was not with us then.

So here I am, alone again naturally (ala Gilbert O'Sullivan la!) on this grey, wet and cold Saturday. Yuccks, the winter is never ending this year! My two boys have gone out separately on their own (free at last!). And I am in a perpetual state of daze, I don't know if it is the sudden drop of atmospheric pressure or a combination of the detox tea and coffee with maca which I drank, or the short sleep I had (was up early to see my family off).

Next Friday another visitor from Malaysia, my young charge/protege of sort. And for the long Easter break, together with my two boys we head off to London. After three years of diligent service I am giving them a treat, I have even got them tickets for 'The Lion King' at London's Lyceum Theatre ( I have seen it in New York). A lovely huge apartment on Kensington Street facing Hyde Park awaits us (I was lucky to secure it as I did last April when I took my brother Wes and his wife to London). Hopefully my friends - Heather & Erin from Canada who will also be in London then, Amanda from Oxford, and Evert can all come to dinner at the apartment. The boys will be delighted to whip up a great meal for them as they had done for them during their visits here.

Torsten just called to confirm our lunch date tomorrow and to politely inform that he and Mandy are vegetarians! Now that will be a challenge for my cook!

No comments: