Thursday, December 16, 2010

The little boy from Angkor Wat

After a tour of Angkor Wat in Cambodia recently, I was browsing at a nearby souvenir/food market when I came across a really cute and handsome little boy happily playing with his sister. I stopped to observe and interact and took some photos of them. Nearby their mother was calling out, "One dollar, one dollar, only one dollar sir!"

So I scooped up the little boy and said to her, "Okay, I'll take him for one dollar!"

That's when she reacted, " No, he one million dollar sir!" She was obviously offering her souvenirs for one dollar!

What a miss! Such a beautiful and happy little thing. I hope he grows up fortunate and successful (maybe as fortunate as Maddox Jolie-Pitt, Angelina and Brad's adopted Cambodian son). It was obvious that he was much loved by the sister, and mother of course.


2 comments:

akumangkok said...

Salam Roem,
Awwww....what a delightful story. Luv it!

J

doodlemom said...

the msian Jolie Pitt?? he's sweet..