Sunday, September 27, 2009

Hari Raya Aidilfitri Open House 2009

Some 150 people turned up for my Hari Raya Open House today. Hafiz made the perfect Laksa Johor, and Nasi Briyani with three complimentary dishes, all of which were greatly appreciated by my guests. Meor made cheesecakes and chocolate cakes for dessert complemented by Hari Raya cookies received from Malaysia (and Wan's famous kek lapis) and fresh fruits. Some of my Malaysian lady guests (Hazizah, Maya, Shidah, Sharifah, Nab & others) brought more cakes which really filled-up my dessert table! My Swiss guests broughts flowers and chocolates!
It was a pleasant, feel-good and heart-warming occasion blessed by the perfect weather. I could not have wished for a better Hari Raya get-together. Alhamdullilah.

2 comments:

NanaDJ said...

Roem,
Glad you had a nice Raya there. Didn't know that Wan send over her kek lapis to you, otherwise will also kirim other goodies as well.

airmataemas said...

Thanks Na. Hope you had a good raya too. Wan sent the kek lapis through a visiting friend. He could only bring one!! Am off to Sarajevo tomorrow for a week's break. Watch out my next post! Salam.