Monday, August 10, 2009

Hazizah's garden

Yesterday, my staff and I were treated to a very lovely lunch by Hazizah and Peter (and son Andrian,another son Johannes was unwell) in their beautiful garden. It was so pleasant we stayed more than five hours! Hazizah had a way with her garden, tending to it lovingly and getting masses of flowers and fruits - apples, pears, grapes and all sorts of berries - from it each summer. She planted flowers everywhere, on balconies, window sills, on the ground and in pots. When we left all us were given a bag of pears from her abundant fruiting trees; and soon the apples would be ready too. Last month she gave my cook kilos of raspberries which he made into jams. I really enjoyed the occasion. Hazizah and Peter are really wonderful people. Retired Peter wants them live in Malaysia for good from next year and Hazizah would be sad to leave her Swiss garden! I remember at last year's similar lunch, in the course of out conversation Hazizah said to Peter (jokingly I presume) should she die first he was welcome to marry another woman, to which Peter replied (rather sweetly and touching I thought) that the woman must be another Malaysian!

No comments: