Saturday, May 2, 2009

Goodbye my darling Toby ( 1996 - 2009 )

My darling cat Toby whom I wrote about in my posting on 24 November 2008 died today after spending a few days at the vet. He died of old age with kidney failures and other complications. The doctor said he had had a good long life and it was a good age to go.

Toby had not been himself this last three months and my brother finally took him to the the vet a few days ago seeing how bad his condition was getting. The doctor recommended he be put to sleep to alleviate his suffering but my brother did not agree to it. Thankfully he did not suffer too long before he passed on. And gratefully Anita came home just in time from her one month holiday in Germany and The USA to see and comfort him before he expired.

I was hoping I would be able to see him again when I return for a meeting in June but that was not to to be. When I saw him last in October last year, our reunion was really something, and I wrote about it in my 24 Nov 2008 posting .

Thank you God for giving me Toby for a good joyful six years during which I had a profound experience what it was like to love an animal and to be reciprocated with so much love.....

And thank you Ngah, Anita, Andreas, Anna and Joyce for looking after and loving Toby these last seven years.

Toby's remain is buried at his favourite spot in a corner of my brother and Anita's luscious garden under the shadow of a currently profusely blooming casia bioflora (Indian laburnum). Sleep well my darling Toby....


Here's a video I made of Toby some time back : http://youtu.be/T-5wd2VYeMc

5 comments:

NanaDJ said...

Roem, So sorry to hear about Toby. I know how much you love him. take care.

Unknown said...

My beloved cat Simon died at the same age. I had to have him put to sleep for the same reasons. Their kidneys are awfully weak little things. Thank god for the time they do spend with us.
God bless you for your loss and Toby for his passing.

Unknown said...

this is keith by the way not rossana. She just came back from peru with much jet lag. Simon died almost the exact same month (18May) as Toby in May. it has been one year now.

airmataemas said...

Thanks Keith. Glad to hear from you both, was wondering why I have not heard from Rossana for some time. Hope she had a good visit in Lima and got some shots of the olive tree! Warm wishes.

Unknown said...

Rossana is fine. lll see if she took the olive tree pictures. We are planning to go to Malaysia in 2011!
Ill have Rossana email you ASAP.
Take care,
Keith