Friday, July 15, 2011

A Friday lament - changes and life goes on

A Friday salam and greeting to all.

Isn't it expected that things change, people change and WE change! Sometimes we are prepared for it, sometimes not - and that's when it takes a toll. I know I have changed, and I accept it. But some things about me that I wish would change never do! Such is life.

Some changes are for the better and some for the worse. It's funny that despite all the rhetoric about changes, when they do happen, they can cause many of things - sometimes happy and sometimes not. And alas, some things/people just never change!

I wholly accept the changes in me, they are inevitable as long as I am living. So why is it sometimes difficult for me to accept the changes in other people. I should know that nothing is permanent. People come into your life for a purpose and when they slip away it is also for a reason. No big deal. Even family members and close friends can change, love can turn into hate, support into envy, admiration into jealousy, a smile into a smirk, friendship into animosity, etc etc. It's all part of life's cycle.

Of course I wonder why some people drop off from my life. At the same time, I involuntarily drop off from some other people's lives too for some reason or another. It's all about choice. Just that when I made my choice to drop off from other people's life I know for what reason it was, but when other people drop off from my life I wonder over and over what had I done wrong to deserve such a fate! Phew!

Anyway, I strongly believe that in life things are destined. Nothing but God is permanent...

" Life goes on and we pass through
  Days of sunlight days of tears
  Live the way life comes to you
  Foolish wasting precious years.

  Here today, tomorrow gone
  Say goodbye
  And life goes on....."

Have a blessed Friday everyone, God bless.

No comments: